Monday, December 17, 2012

the voices in my head

No-one else can hear 

the voices in my head.

No-one else hears 

the things that they have said.

No-one else hears them wish that I were dead.

Until it all comes exploding, raging from my head

Rolling, boiling, tempest storm...

Crashing, destroying, consuming flood of hatred and scorn.

How do I silence them?

Is this truly my desire?

Or do I just wish no-one else heard them...EVER

How do I protect others from that which is within me?

Every day the fire builds and threatens to consume me...

I want it to consume me
But without others in the way.

I'd rather that they have no clue

The darkness deep within

Ever rising to the surface 

Threatening kith and kin
With the knowledge of my sins

It's true no day passes
I desire to stay alive

But I'd rather shelter others
From the knowledge of this desire

I fear realisation of this longing's the only way
These voices will ever cease
And I'll have a "normal" day

Embrace the dark stranger

Who comes to steal your breathe

For death's the only answer

To these voices in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment