Saturday, March 3, 2012

Things which bring me happiness...

My Dearest One and I have been together for over 23 tumultuous, but wonderful, years. While ours is anything but a traditional relationship in many ways we are everything that a happily married couple could be. She is so much more than a BFF, she is friend, mentor, confidante, true love, and soul mate, so she is my Dearest One.

As we continue on this blog journey you may find our relationship incongruent with who you perceive me being but I assure you there is NOTHING more in keeping with the real me. She will always come first in any life decision I make be it love, friends, housing, or just what to have for dinner. She has come to be my first thought, my very reason for living.

She makes me happy! She makes me complete! And today she celebrates her birthday, we celebrate together...this makes me happy.

Friends and family make me happy in general. I consider myself truly blessed to be able to name only a few true, close, friends but to know that each of them are TRUE friends. They have endured much over the years, and most have been friends for YEARS, yet nothing strains our beautiful relationship. I thank each of you.

Music, art, beauty, education, and diversity make me happy. To that end today we're off for some artistic education and diversity that will also, undoubtedly, hold a certain beauty. I love museums and today we are off to see the terra cotta warriors, something we have long wanted to experience.

This is just a short list of a few of the things which can bring me true joy. I am looking forward to a day with friends, art, and learning. To do it while also celebrating my Dearest One's birthday fills me with immense joy.

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment